LANSING, Mich.—State Sen. Goeff Hansen, R-Hart, chairman of the Senate Committee on Outdoor Recreation and Tourism, announced Friday that he and Senate members will hold a press conference on Tuesday, Feb. 12.
Press conference to unveil a set of strategies addressing waterways dredging and access needs facing our Great Lakes port communities.
• Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville (invited)
• Sen. Goeff Hansen, R-Hart
• Sen. Jack Brandenburg, R-Harrison Township
• Sen. Tom Casperson, R-Escanaba
• Sen. Darwin Booher, R-Evart
• Sen. John Proos, R-St. Joseph
• Sen. Tonya Schuitmaker, R-Lawton
• Sen. Mike Green, R-Mayville
• Sen. Mike Kowall, R-White Lake
• Sen. Phil Pavlov, R-St. Clair Township
• Sen. Judy Emmons, R-Sheridan
• Sen. John Moolenaar, R-Midland
• Sen. Howard Walker, R-Traverse City
• Sen. Patrick Colbeck, R-Canton
• Sen. Hoon-Yung Hopgood, D-Taylor
• Sen. Steve Bieda, D-Warren
• Members of the media
Tomorrow, Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 9 a.m.
Michigan’s ports, harbors and waterways must be adequately and consistently maintained to provide for long-term protection of both natural resources and related economic activity.
The Senate is committed to developing an agenda that includes both short- and long-term solutions to the problems facing Michigan’s waterways. The broad purpose of this agenda is to put in place a dredging plan that will make Michigan harbors, ports and waterways accessible and sustainable for both commercial and recreational traffic.
Legislation is being finalized to address this issue and will be introduced shortly thereafter.
The post Hansen to lead Senate press conference on waterways dredging and accessibility appeared first on Senator Goeff Hansen.